When I refuse to spend $15 for Poke bowls and decide to make it myself. It is really simple because no cooking = less greasy pans and dishes to do. This is mostly slicing of fruits and mixing of sauces. And viola!
I'm posting this off my ig and you should know by now I don't really like to measure the ingredients especially for cooking. You know, cooking is an art...and you should go with the flow. Blah blah blah. I'm kidding. I'm just lazy to wash the measuring spoons etc, and honestly cooking is very flexible and volatile.
Okay, enough justifications for my laziness to post exact recipes.
So here you go!
TUNA POKE BOWL
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
1 cup Japanese rice
Splash of Mirin
150g chopped sashimi grade tuna
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 drop of sesame oil
1 squirt of sriracha
Spicy mayo sauce
3 long squirts of Jap Mayo
1 long squirt of sriracha (LOL, yes this is how i measure)
1 small mango, chopped
1 avocado sliced
1. Cook Japanese rice. Mix in Mirin after the rice is cooked (I seasoned mine with white vinegar, cos I didn't have Mirin. DATZ RIGHT. YOUR RICE YOUR RULES). Let rice cool.
2. Mix tuna seasoning with the raw tuna.
3. Mix ingredients for spicy mayo tgth.
4. Assemble your freaking poke bowl. And drizzle the spicy mayo over the whole damn thing.
5. Throw in some sesame seeds and spring onions for fun.