Lazy scallion pancakes. 15 mins prep version! I know, technically you can buy frozen scallion pancakes which will reduce prep time further to maybe 0 mins?? BUT I LIKE TO PRETEND TO HAVE A HAND IN EVERYTHING, including the food I make. JUST LEMME BE.
If you wanna claim that you made scallion pancakes just like me...hehehe here's the recipe! As usual these are estimates, ain't nobody got time to measure out oil and what not. Use your #shef instincts. hehehe.
Also, I should come up with a lazy category where I post cheaterbug recipes that you don't have to make everything from scratch hor. GOOD IDEA. *claps*. For all you lazy people. heheheh.
STEPS AVAILABLE IN IGHIGHLIGHTS @thebakerslust
LAZY SCALLION PANCAKES
Makes 6 small pancakes, serves 2
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
1 sheet of frozen puff pastry (slightly thawed so you can werk it)
5 spring onions, sliced thinly
1 tbsp sesame oil
Some sesame seeds
1. Spread sesame oil all over the pastry sheet.
2. Sprinkle spring onions and sesame all over
3. Roll it lengthwise and then coil it up
4. Flatten slightly with palm and roll it out to flatten fully
5. Repeat rolling it lengthwise
6. Cut into large chunks, flatten with palm. Roll to flatten again and fry that shit up till crispy..
2 tbsp crispy chilli oil (I use lao gan ma chilli)
Some light soy sauce
Some black vinegar
Some honey (to cut the acidity)
1. Mix diz up.
DONE! IF YOU TOOK LONGER THAN 15 MINS DON'T BLAME MEEEEE. IT IS ALL ON YOU